I remember it like it was yesterday and not 11 years ago. I’m not going to copy and paste my post from 4 years ago. Just a simple link…
I am a reader. I started with the Kindle App on my phone, but then I ended up buying a regular Kindle. Not the fire, not the touch, just the regular bottom of the line Kindle. I’ve got over a hundred books easily on my Kindle. Several for my son and many more for me. This list is 13 Kindle books that I have read, all of the very good.
- 5ive Speed – A Novel; Charley Warady
- Boyfriend From Hell (Falling Angels Saga); E Van Lowe (I JUST finished this one last night)
- Cupcakes, Sales, and Cocktails; Pamela DuMond
- Escape from the World Trade Center; Leslie Haskin (A very emotional book)
- The Good Lawyer: A Novel; Thomas Benigno
- Hal Spacejock; Simon Haynes
- Melvin the Dry Cleaning Zombie; PJ Jones
- The Mill River Recluse; Darcie Chan
- Trial Junkies (A Thriller); Robert Gregory
- Unlucky in Death; Dan Dillard
- The Perfect Plan; Ty Hutchinson
- You’ve Gone to Far this Time, Sir!; Danny Bent
- Don’t Make me Come Up There; Kristen Welch
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything. We recently bought a new camera. A decent one, not a P&S camera. One that I want to learn to use. Here are a few pictures I’ve taken. I guess this could be a FFF photo, though it’s not Friday…
I’ve got some learning to do!
I did the Christmas playlist shuffle last year. Here it is again. 165 Christmas songs on Shuffle, song title and artist..
- “What are you doing New Year’s Eve?” Clay Aiken
- “O Come, All Ye Faithful” George Straight
- “Little Saint Nick” Electric Mayhem (John Denver & the Muppets)
- “O Holy Night” Clay Aiken
- “Little Drummer Boy” Bing Crosby
- “Christmas Island” Ella Fitzgerald
- “Deck the Halls” The Muppets (John Denver & the Muppets)
- “Joy to the World” John Berry
- “We Three Kings” Celtic Christmas
- “Jingle Bells” George Straight
- “White Christmas” Louis Armstrong
- “I’ll be home for Christmas” Tony Bennett
- “Warm & Fuzzy” Billy Gilman
I’m running in the annual Jingle Bell run…
- I haven’t done any running in the last two weeks.
- I’ll be doing a whole lot of walking.
- I’ll be happy to finish with anything less than 36 minutes.
- This will be my third Jingle Bell Run!
- Second year being on a team.
- The Jingle Bell Run is for the Arthritis Foundation.
- It a cause near and dear to me.
- My Grandmother had it.
- I have it and Raynaud’s Phenomenon.
- Winter makes my hands and feet hurt.
- In the winter (and sometimes in the summer) I nurse hot water to keep my hands warm as well as use a heated mouse.
- I’m sure everyone knows someone personally with Arthritis.
- Please consider a small donation.
I’m hoping you can help me reach my fundraising goal! This year, I have three different sized stickers. Small ($5), Medium ($10) & Large ($20). Make a donation for any of these amounts, and I’ll write your name on the sticker and stick it on me for the run.
small: arm/hand or shin
medium: upper arm or thigh
large: you choose!
Friday the 21st, my son’s cub scout pack had their annual camp out. Here’s 13 things about it.
- All four of us went to the camp site.
- Hubby helped set up the tent (but it was easy enough that he didn’t need to) It’s a small two person tent that my step-dad used in Alaska.
- Hubby and daughter left shortly after the air mattress was inflated. The full sized air mattress filled up the tent.
- We also had sleeping bags and three other covers.
- It got down to 39 degrees Fahrenheit overnight.
- It was a VERY clear night. Perfect for looking at the stars.
- Nothing like having to put on tennis shoes and grabbing a flashlight to go use the whole in the ground at 2:30 in the morning.
- We slept in our warm sweat shirts and hats. For a little bit of the night, I had on mittens too.
- One of the groups next to us was howling at the moon.
- I ate too many roasted marshmallows. We also had Jiffy Pop!
- My teeth felt very fuzzy after a breakfast of pancakes and sausage.
- On our nature hike the next morning, we saw a dead deer in the woods. The boys HAD to go look at it…
- Saturday night I fell asleep before the kids, at 8:00 and woke up Sunday morning around 7:00.
I could go on, but we had a lot of fun.
More Thursday 13.