Posted on February 20, 2014 by Emily Gomolchak
I had to go back through my archives. The theme for Thursday 13 is pets. I’ve kind of posted about this before here. As I’ve mentioned in the post, we’ve had many pets growing up. Here’s a list of the names:
- Doobie (golden cocker spaniel)
- Ginger (a reddish cocker spaniel)
- Maxi (dog)
- Suzy (a cat)
- Misty (a cat)
- Quincy (a cat)
- Sox (a cat
- Snowball (hamster)
- Frenchie (hamster)
- Gideon (rat)
- Star (gerbil)
- Pete & Repete (parakeets)
- Miss Piggy & Kermit (gold fish)
Happy Thursday 13!
Filed under: Thursday 13 | Tagged: pets, Thursday Thirteen | 4 Comments »
Posted on February 13, 2014 by Emily Gomolchak
So I’ve had this blog for a while now. I was looking at all my Thursday 13 posts and I didn’t realize how many I’ve written. Here’s thirteen of my Thursday 13 posts. All will open in a new window/tab.
- 1/15/2009: Plan vs. reality. This was my first Th-13 post!
- 2/19/2009: Cosmetics
- 6/11/2009: Happy birthday
- 9/24/2009: Blues Brothers quotes. I LOVE that movie!
- 10/29/2009: Illinois towns with people names.
- 11/12/2009: Jobs I have had
- 3/11/2010: Signs of Spring
- 4/1/2010: Names
- 4/15/2010: Because I’m a Mom
- 7/22/2010: Eagle and the Hawk
- 11/18/2010: Lies
- 3/2/2011: Favorite Songs
- 6/9/2011: spellings of my name
Filed under: Thursday 13 | Tagged: Thursday Thirteen | 4 Comments »
Posted on January 9, 2014 by Emily Gomolchak
Here are 13 things that my younger cousins never experienced at Gramma’s and Grampa’s house after they moved to Florida.
- Rolling down the hill.
- The backyard that went on forever.
- Taking a nap in a basement bedroom and upon awaking, not knowing it’s it’s AM or PM.
- Begging an aunt or uncle (usually and aunt) to take us to the park down the street.
- Being old enough to finally go without an aunt.
- Spending the afternoon at the park playing nothing in particular with cousins.
- Lawn darts and horseshoes.
- Not wanting to go into the laundry room because it was scary.
- Visiting and wondering if the house was arranged the same or if there was a new room/wall somewhere.
- Playing hide and seek in the basement.
- Sliding in the basement hallway.
- Christmas gift exchanges.
- This wallpaper in the dining room
More Thursday 13
Filed under: Thursday 13 | Tagged: Thursday Thirteen | 5 Comments »
Posted on December 31, 2013 by Emily Gomolchak
I can’t say it’s been a particularly good year over all.
The good: We took two really great family vacations.
- Over Spring break, we went to California. While there, we went to the California Science Center (saw the Endeavour which was way cool), California Adventure Park, and DisneyLand. Awesome trip, though the girl came back with a sinus infection.
- First week of June, we went to Florida. Spent a couple of days on Anna Maria Island. We went parasailing with the kids (they loved it), visited Mote Marine Laboratory during tropical storm Andrea and ate a lot of ice cream. After, we went up to Orlando. There we did SeaWorld, Aqautica, and Discovery Cove. The kids loved it all. There were a few slides the kids couldn’t go on, but there were a few that the boy didn’t want to go on, but we made him. He ended up loving it. And as par, the girl came back with swimmers ear.
The bad: Lots of loss. I lost an uncle, a cousin, a friends mom, a friend, and a distant cousin of sorts (a cousin lost a cousin on the other side).
The ugly: I’m sick.
I did lose my job too (RIF’ed), but I’ve been looking and with the time, I’ve also been training for a half marathon.
Here’s to 2014 and that it may not be so stinky as 2013.
Filed under: Totally random thoughts, ugh | Tagged: Random thought, Randomness | 2 Comments »
Posted on December 27, 2013 by Emily Gomolchak
I am late in getting this posted. I completely forgot to do this post yesterday. People got panties in a bunch over Thanksgiving because retail workers were expected to work and not be with family. I think when you work retail, it’s not a surprise that you’ll be working. Here’s 13 other jobs/careers/professions that don’t always get the holiday off. Some are fairly obvious.
- active duty military
- police officers
- fire fighters
- TV crew
- radio crew
- garbage collectors
- homeless shelter staff
- hotel staff
- nursing home staff
- gas station attendants
- movie theater staff
edited to add: also transportation crew, including airlines, taxis, bussing services.
Filed under: Thursday 13 | Tagged: Thursday Thirteen | 3 Comments »
Posted on November 28, 2013 by Emily Gomolchak
For those that celebrate, happy Thanksgiving! For those that don’t, carry in. Nothing to see here.
Filed under: NaBloPoMo2013 | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 26, 2013 by Emily Gomolchak
That all the people moaning about stores being open on Thanksgiving day plan on getting all the ingredients before hand and don’t forget anything. I’d really hate for them to have to run to the store for that one must have dish.
I’d also hope that those same people aren’t planning on going to or watching any sporting events that day. The concession workers, ticket takers, and ushers should really spend the day with family. Not to mention the athletes who have to play & the TV crews.
Filed under: NaBloPoMo2013 | Tagged: sarcasm, Thanksgiving | Leave a comment »