It’s Thursday again!! Time for Thursday 13. Thirteen jobs I have had in my life.
- Cashier, at two grocery stories.
- Bag lady. When I started at a grocery store at college, they had me start as a bagger. Bag lady just sounds funnier.
- Restroom door opener. At one of the retail stores I worked at, I worked in the lady’s department. One of the duties involved watching for people who needed to go to the restroom and buzz them in.
- Deli Clerk. At two different grocery stores. After I turned 18, of course.
- Sales Associate. At a couple different retail stores. One full time and the other seasonal.
- Office Assistant. This was at a small tax preparation place. I would check the simple tax forms and prepare the clients copies. This was also during college. She mad many farmer and trucker clients.
- Assistant Manager. I worked as an assistant manager at a Fashion Bug in Ohio. We were supposed to have three managers altogether, but there was only two of us. it made for really long days.
- Jewelry Department associate. I worked in the Jewelry department for Monkey Wards while in Ohio. The drive was a bit closer that Fashion Bug. I had a base pay plus commission, which sucked when anybody returned anything.
- Closer. Both at a title company, going over the mortgage loan docs with the borrowers, and AT a mortgage company, preparing said documents for the borrower’s to sign.
- Funder. At the mortgage company, we would have outside mortgage brokers prepare their own documents and would use our funds at closing. I would check the documents to make sure they were correct before we could wire the funds to the title comapny.
- Accounting Officer. I’m not sure this is really the correct job title…
- Compliance Officer.