Posted on September 24, 2009 by Randomability
Here are my favorite quotes from the movie The Blues Brothers.
- “We’re on a mission from God”
- “So for me, for my mother, my grandmother, my father, my uncle, and for the common good, I must now kill you, and your brother.”
- “Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don’t fail us now.”
- “I hate Illinois Nazi’s”
- “It’s 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark out and we’re wearing sunglasses.”
- “SCMODS?” “State, County, Municipal Offender Database.”
- “I want to buy your women… the little girl… your daughters. Sell them to me. Sell me your children.”
- “You can’t lie to a nun. We got to go in and visit the penguin”
- “Well thank you, pal. The day I get outta prison, my own brother picks me up in a *police* car!”
- “Don’t you blaspheme in here! Don’t you blaspheme in here!”
- “Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers HAS been approved.”
- “First you traded the Cadillac in for a microphone. Then you lied to me about the band. And now you’re gonna put me right back in the joint!”
- “We got both kinds. We got country *and* western”
It’s so hard to pick only 13. 🙂
Filed under: Meme, Thursday 13 | Tagged: Meme, Thursday Thirteen | 7 Comments »
Posted on September 17, 2009 by Randomability
Here’s my 13 movie lines. You tell me the movie…
- “How can you tell it’s a mail plane?” “See the little balls?”
- “So, Dunn, you were under Oveur and over Unger”
- “This is *not* Mel Torme!”
- “Are you still here? It’s over. Go home!”
- “When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out…”
- “Large Marge sent me” & “There’s no basement in the Alamo”
- “You are my density….I mean destiny.”
- “Correction, I need the SUPERIOR information in your INFERIOR brain to fly this… thing.”
- “What’s the matter Colonel Sanders? Chicken?”
- “Last year, more people were killed by automobile accidents, heart attacks, lung cancer, and natural causes combined than by any one tomato.”
- “you left the bodies and you only moved the head stones. You only moved the head stones.”
- “We didn’t choose this place! We didn’t choose these people! They were invited!”
- “We’re going to die and I’m wearing my mother’s underwear!”
PS: Even if you don’t know any of them, leave a comment anyway so I can return the visit!
Filed under: Meme, Thursday 13 | Tagged: Meme, Thursday Thirteen | 14 Comments »
Posted on September 11, 2009 by Randomability
Like Rock and Drool, I’m re-posting mine from last year.
Where were you…
… when the world stopped turning? I was in the hospital, recovering from an RF ablation to straighten up my heart from experiencing PVC’s.
Mom was in my room with me. We hadn’t turned the TV on, as I was waiting to be discharged. My sister called my Mom FREAKING OUT. So we turned on the TV. At the time, my step dad was stationed in the Pentagon. Luckily for us, he was across the river at Coast Guard Headquarters. He was able to make two calls, the first to his parents letting him know that he was okay. The second to Mom to tell her don’t come back.
Filed under: Totally random thoughts | 7 Comments »
Posted on September 10, 2009 by Randomability
Here we are, a continuation of last week…
- N is for Noble. Richland County
- O is for Oneida. Knox County
- P is for Paw Paw. Lee County
- Q is for Quincy. Adams County (This is my only big town mention! As far as I know, there is no other “Q” town in IL.
- R is for Rankin. Vermilion County (Yes, Vermilion is only with 1 “l”)
- S is for Schram City. Montgomery County
- T is for Toluca. Marshall County
- U is for Utica. La Salle County (Home of Beautiful Starved Rock State Park)
- V is for Viola. Mercer County
- W is for Weldon. De Witt County
- X is for Xenia. Clay County (Thanks, Cous!)
- Y is for Yates City. Knox County
- Z is for Zeigler. Franklin County.
There you are! The ABC’s of town’s in Illinois!
More Thursday 13
Filed under: Thursday 13, Totally random thoughts | Tagged: Meme, Thursday Thirteen | 7 Comments »
Posted on September 3, 2009 by Randomability
Here’s the ABC’s of small town Illinois (my state) where my governor is more corrupt than your governor. a 2 week series. I was hoping for links to Google or Rand McNally, but when I plug them in, it goes to the generic page. 😦 So I’m linking to the Wikipedia page.
- A is for Albers. Clinton County
- B is for Bondville. Champaign County
- C is for Cisne. Wayne County
- D is for Dongola. Union Couty
- E is for Equality. Gallatin County
- F is for Findlay. Shelby County
- G is for Galatia. Saline County
- H is for Hardin. Calhoun County
- I is for Illiopolis. Sangamon
- J is for Jerome. Sangamon
- K is for Kansas. Edgar County
- L is for Lodge. Piatt County. It;s so small, it doesn’t have much on it’s Wikipedia page!
- M is for Matherville. Mercer County
I’ll have a tougher time next week. As far as I know there is no “X” town in Illinois.
More Thursday 13
Filed under: Meme, Thursday 13, Totally random thoughts | Tagged: Meme, Thursday Thirteen | 9 Comments »
Posted on September 2, 2009 by Randomability