Posted on November 26, 2009 by Randomability
Well, I’m sure that Thanksgiving will be a popular theme for the Thursday 13. So here it is… 13 of my favorite Thanksgiving foods.
- Turkey. Well, duh!
- Pumpkin pie
- Sausage stuffing
- Mashed potatoes
- Deviled eggs
- Cranberry sauce, with whole cranberries.
- Sweet potatoes or yams
- Green bean casserole
- Pecan Pie
- Ice cream
Filed under: Meme, Thursday 13 | Tagged: Meme, Thanksgiving, Thursday Thirteen | 20 Comments »
Posted on November 19, 2009 by Randomability
13 things about the Jingle Bell 5K race on November 15.
- It drizzled during the whole race.
- We started about 5 minutes late.
- I wore a Santa jingle Bell hat!
- I took it off during the race and stuffed part of it down my pants.
- It wouldn’t stay in my pocket!
- I wore stretchy gloves at the start.
- I took those off about half way too.
- There was a man running in an 11 foot North Pole costume. He crossed the finish line before me.
- My official time was 36:01.7
- I changed out of my soaked shirt before I went home.
- Left the wet pants on, although I had brought a change of clothes.
- The shower when I got home ranks right up there as one of the best showers.
- I was pretty tired, that when I was cooking dinner, I thought I turned off the timer. It turns out that I turned off the oven 😦
There you have it! Here’s more about the 5K on my other blog.
Filed under: Meme, Thursday 13 | Tagged: Meme, Thursday Thirteen | 7 Comments »
Posted on November 12, 2009 by Randomability
It’s Thursday again!! Time for Thursday 13. Thirteen jobs I have had in my life.
- Cashier, at two grocery stories.
- Bag lady. When I started at a grocery store at college, they had me start as a bagger. Bag lady just sounds funnier.
- Restroom door opener. At one of the retail stores I worked at, I worked in the lady’s department. One of the duties involved watching for people who needed to go to the restroom and buzz them in.
- Deli Clerk. At two different grocery stores. After I turned 18, of course.
- Sales Associate. At a couple different retail stores. One full time and the other seasonal.
- Office Assistant. This was at a small tax preparation place. I would check the simple tax forms and prepare the clients copies. This was also during college. She mad many farmer and trucker clients.
- Assistant Manager. I worked as an assistant manager at a Fashion Bug in Ohio. We were supposed to have three managers altogether, but there was only two of us. it made for really long days.
- Jewelry Department associate. I worked in the Jewelry department for Monkey Wards while in Ohio. The drive was a bit closer that Fashion Bug. I had a base pay plus commission, which sucked when anybody returned anything.
- Closer. Both at a title company, going over the mortgage loan docs with the borrowers, and AT a mortgage company, preparing said documents for the borrower’s to sign.
- Funder. At the mortgage company, we would have outside mortgage brokers prepare their own documents and would use our funds at closing. I would check the documents to make sure they were correct before we could wire the funds to the title comapny.
- Accounting Officer. I’m not sure this is really the correct job title…
- Compliance Officer.
Filed under: Thursday 13 | Tagged: Meme, Thursday Thirteen | 8 Comments »
Posted on November 5, 2009 by Randomability
- ugh… is it Thursday again already?
- That means it’s FRIDAY tomorrow!
- I signed up for another 5K.
- The Jingle Bell Run for arthritis.
- Please sponsor me!!
- I’m running with a friend! 🙂
- It’s November 15th.
- I ran a short route yesterday.
- Less than 2 miles.
- Got my seasonal flu shot yesterday afternoon.
- My arm is SORE!!
- I won’t be needing the H1N1 flu shot.
- Had the H1N1 flu last week
More Thursday 13
Filed under: Thursday 13 | Tagged: Meme, Thursday Thirteen | 13 Comments »
Posted on November 4, 2009 by Randomability
Lilac in our backyard, taken 11/3/2009
Filed under: Photos, wordless Wednesday | Tagged: floral, Photos, wordless Wednesday | 6 Comments »