Okay. The Cubs swept at home the 20th-22nd. For me to win the bet, the Cubs would have to win one more game. That didn’t happen. The Cubs were swept this weekend, the 27th-29th. That means we both lost the bet. SGEP will be writing a post about the Cubs and I’ll be writing a post about the Sox. Look for it in the coming days…
The Critters are everywhere!!
This little female cardinal was trying really hard to fly in our basement window. Tap. Tap. Tap I would hear as she was flying into the window. After I took her picture, she was gone.
Wednesday morning, I opened the garage to pull the car in, so we could get into the car without getting too wet. I closed the door when we left. When I came home, I saw this. This little bird was sitting in Little Man’s bicycle helmet! I took a picture then shooed the bird away. But the little bird didn’t get very far.
I was able to walk right past the little bird before it finally hopped away.
This morning and evening, a cat was visiting us. It was a very fat orange and white tabby. I think it thought he lived here. When I went to shoo it away, it wanted to rub up against my leg! The cat spent most of the day under our porch. I’ll be checking the classifieds daily for a lost cat. We’ll see what happens.
We also have a chipmunk or ground squirrel or two living under our driveway. I haven’t been able to get a good picture of it yet.
This week, I am grateful (once again) to be working at home. This allows me to work while my kids are sick and I don’t get too far behind in work. Those with a week stomach, stop here. Don’t read any further…
I got tagged by Rational Irrationalities a couple of days ago.
Here are the rules:The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago was 1998. I had graduated from college and lived in Ohio with my Mom. In May of 1998, I moved back to Illinois. I was hired at a temp agency and it was there that I got my start in the mortgage business.
2. Five things on my to do list for today. It is Sunday, so my list would be: Blog, play with my kids, fold laundry, play outside with the kids and give the kids a bath.
3. Snacks I enjoy. Doritos, ice cream, Wheat thins
4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire. Travel the States, payoff our debt and get the new vinyl porch and fence. We are lucky in that neither hubby or myself have student loans. But we do have new doors, windows and soon a new roof.
5. Places I have lived. Illinois mostly (although I hate being cold). I spent not quite a year living (although I felt like a part of me died) in Ohio. I was miserable, being so far away from most of my family. and I lived for 6 months in Bridgnorth, England. You can read all about that on my England Stay page.
As far as tagging, go ahead and tag yourself!