Here are 13 things that my younger cousins never experienced at Gramma’s and Grampa’s house after they moved to Florida.
- Rolling down the hill.
- The backyard that went on forever.
- Taking a nap in a basement bedroom and upon awaking, not knowing it’s it’s AM or PM.
- Begging an aunt or uncle (usually and aunt) to take us to the park down the street.
- Being old enough to finally go without an aunt.
- Spending the afternoon at the park playing nothing in particular with cousins.
- Lawn darts and horseshoes.
- Not wanting to go into the laundry room because it was scary.
- Visiting and wondering if the house was arranged the same or if there was a new room/wall somewhere.
- Playing hide and seek in the basement.
- Sliding in the basement hallway.
- Christmas gift exchanges.
- This wallpaper in the dining room
More Thursday 13