I’ve a Kindle with lots of books. Here are 13 books in my “classics” collection.
- Alice in Wonderland
- The Jungle Book
- Les Miserables
- The Phantom of the Opera
- The Princess Bride
- Robinson Crusoe
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- A Tale of Two Cities
- The Time Macine
- Treasure Island
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- Fairy Tales (both Hans Christian Andersen & Brothers Grimm)
More Thursday 13
I had to go back through my archives. The theme for Thursday 13 is pets. I’ve kind of posted about this before here. As I’ve mentioned in the post, we’ve had many pets growing up. Here’s a list of the names:
- Doobie (golden cocker spaniel)
- Ginger (a reddish cocker spaniel)
- Maxi (dog)
- Suzy (a cat)
- Misty (a cat)
- Quincy (a cat)
- Sox (a cat
- Snowball (hamster)
- Frenchie (hamster)
- Gideon (rat)
- Star (gerbil)
- Pete & Repete (parakeets)
- Miss Piggy & Kermit (gold fish)
Happy Thursday 13!
So I’ve had this blog for a while now. I was looking at all my Thursday 13 posts and I didn’t realize how many I’ve written. Here’s thirteen of my Thursday 13 posts. All will open in a new window/tab.
- 1/15/2009: Plan vs. reality. This was my first Th-13 post!
- 2/19/2009: Cosmetics
- 6/11/2009: Happy birthday
- 9/24/2009: Blues Brothers quotes. I LOVE that movie!
- 10/29/2009: Illinois towns with people names.
- 11/12/2009: Jobs I have had
- 3/11/2010: Signs of Spring
- 4/1/2010: Names
- 4/15/2010: Because I’m a Mom
- 7/22/2010: Eagle and the Hawk
- 11/18/2010: Lies
- 3/2/2011: Favorite Songs
- 6/9/2011: spellings of my name
Here are 13 things that my younger cousins never experienced at Gramma’s and Grampa’s house after they moved to Florida.
- Rolling down the hill.
- The backyard that went on forever.
- Taking a nap in a basement bedroom and upon awaking, not knowing it’s it’s AM or PM.
- Begging an aunt or uncle (usually and aunt) to take us to the park down the street.
- Being old enough to finally go without an aunt.
- Spending the afternoon at the park playing nothing in particular with cousins.
- Lawn darts and horseshoes.
- Not wanting to go into the laundry room because it was scary.
- Visiting and wondering if the house was arranged the same or if there was a new room/wall somewhere.
- Playing hide and seek in the basement.
- Sliding in the basement hallway.
- Christmas gift exchanges.
- This wallpaper in the dining room
More Thursday 13
I can’t say it’s been a particularly good year over all.
The good: We took two really great family vacations.
- Over Spring break, we went to California. While there, we went to the California Science Center (saw the Endeavour which was way cool), California Adventure Park, and DisneyLand. Awesome trip, though the girl came back with a sinus infection.
- First week of June, we went to Florida. Spent a couple of days on Anna Maria Island. We went parasailing with the kids (they loved it), visited Mote Marine Laboratory during tropical storm Andrea and ate a lot of ice cream. After, we went up to Orlando. There we did SeaWorld, Aqautica, and Discovery Cove. The kids loved it all. There were a few slides the kids couldn’t go on, but there were a few that the boy didn’t want to go on, but we made him. He ended up loving it. And as par, the girl came back with swimmers ear.
The bad: Lots of loss. I lost an uncle, a cousin, a friends mom, a friend, and a distant cousin of sorts (a cousin lost a cousin on the other side).
The ugly: I’m sick.
I did lose my job too (RIF’ed), but I’ve been looking and with the time, I’ve also been training for a half marathon.
Here’s to 2014 and that it may not be so stinky as 2013.
I am late in getting this posted. I completely forgot to do this post yesterday. People got panties in a bunch over Thanksgiving because retail workers were expected to work and not be with family. I think when you work retail, it’s not a surprise that you’ll be working. Here’s 13 other jobs/careers/professions that don’t always get the holiday off. Some are fairly obvious.
- active duty military
- police officers
- fire fighters
- TV crew
- radio crew
- garbage collectors
- homeless shelter staff
- hotel staff
- nursing home staff
- gas station attendants
- movie theater staff
edited to add: also transportation crew, including airlines, taxis, bussing services.