Friday the 21st, my son’s cub scout pack had their annual camp out. Here’s 13 things about it.
- All four of us went to the camp site.
- Hubby helped set up the tent (but it was easy enough that he didn’t need to) It’s a small two person tent that my step-dad used in Alaska.
- Hubby and daughter left shortly after the air mattress was inflated. The full sized air mattress filled up the tent.
- We also had sleeping bags and three other covers.
- It got down to 39 degrees Fahrenheit overnight.
- It was a VERY clear night. Perfect for looking at the stars.
- Nothing like having to put on tennis shoes and grabbing a flashlight to go use the whole in the ground at 2:30 in the morning.
- We slept in our warm sweat shirts and hats. For a little bit of the night, I had on mittens too.
- One of the groups next to us was howling at the moon.
- I ate too many roasted marshmallows. We also had Jiffy Pop!
- My teeth felt very fuzzy after a breakfast of pancakes and sausage.
- On our nature hike the next morning, we saw a dead deer in the woods. The boys HAD to go look at it…
- Saturday night I fell asleep before the kids, at 8:00 and woke up Sunday morning around 7:00.
I could go on, but we had a lot of fun.
More Thursday 13.