Posted on December 31, 2013 by Randomability
I can’t say it’s been a particularly good year over all.
The good: We took two really great family vacations.
- Over Spring break, we went to California. While there, we went to the California Science Center (saw the Endeavour which was way cool), California Adventure Park, and DisneyLand. Awesome trip, though the girl came back with a sinus infection.
- First week of June, we went to Florida. Spent a couple of days on Anna Maria Island. We went parasailing with the kids (they loved it), visited Mote Marine Laboratory during tropical storm Andrea and ate a lot of ice cream. After, we went up to Orlando. There we did SeaWorld, Aqautica, and Discovery Cove. The kids loved it all. There were a few slides the kids couldn’t go on, but there were a few that the boy didn’t want to go on, but we made him. He ended up loving it. And as par, the girl came back with swimmers ear.
The bad: Lots of loss. I lost an uncle, a cousin, a friends mom, a friend, and a distant cousin of sorts (a cousin lost a cousin on the other side).
The ugly: I’m sick.
I did lose my job too (RIF’ed), but I’ve been looking and with the time, I’ve also been training for a half marathon.
Here’s to 2014 and that it may not be so stinky as 2013.
Filed under: Totally random thoughts, ugh | Tagged: Random thought, Randomness | 2 Comments »
Posted on November 12, 2010 by Randomability
Posted on November 10, 2010 by Randomability
I read Blondie in yesterday’s paper and nearly died laughing…
An old post from 2008… where I admit I can wiggle one of my toes independently of my others.. 😉 Do you want to see a short video of me wiggling my one toe?
Filed under: Just plain silly, Totally random thoughts | Tagged: Random thought, Randomness | 6 Comments »
Posted on September 7, 2010 by Randomability
Taken from Janet at Fond of Snape:
1. I adore spiders, they’re so gorgeous!
2. I always have to have socks on my feet.
3. I’ve never felt very feminine.
4. I love mint chocolate chip ice cream, but only if the ice cream is green.
5. I’ve been married 3 times!
6. I have OCD tendencies and keep a VERY neat house, everything in it’s place.
7. I love drama, lots of drama!
One of these is the truth and 6 are lies. I think for those that know me, it should be pretty easy. 😉
Filed under: Totally random thoughts | Tagged: Random thought, Randomness | 3 Comments »
Posted on September 2, 2010 by Randomability
I’ve got nothing except 13 random statements.
1. I’m typing this at 5:40 AM
2. My son is giggling in his sleep!
3. It’s making me giggle too.
4. Over the weekend, we converted our daughters bed from a toddler bed to a full size bed.
5. She LOVES it.
6. She tends to sleep in one corner.
7. She hasn’t sprawled out yet.
8. The boy does sprawl out in his bed.
9. They have the exact same beds.
10. His is wood color.
11. Hers is painted white.
12. Am I done yet?
13. Now I am!
Filed under: Meme, Thursday 13, Totally random thoughts | Tagged: Meme, Random thought, Randomness, Thursday Thirteen | 7 Comments »
Posted on July 1, 2010 by Randomability
Time for more randomness, I seem to be good at these!!
- It is the 4th of July weekend!
- I’ve signed up for a 5 MILER Sunday morning.
- 5 miles, not 5K!
- I’m hoping to finish in about an hour.
- I just hope the humidity is as low as it’s been all week.
- I’m also signing up for a 5K on 7/10!
- That one is in the evening.
- It shouldn’t be too bad.
- I’ve had some really good runs in the non humid morning…
- I’ve had some ok runs in the heat of the afternoon.
- Those runs are usually from water fountain to water fountain!
- Yay I’m done.
Filed under: Thursday 13, Totally random thoughts | Tagged: Meme, Randomness, Thursday Thirteen | 6 Comments »
Posted on March 25, 2010 by Randomability
- I went to my primary for a possible referral to the chiro.
- Didn’t get one.
- That’s fine with me.
- Going to try heat packs for my tense shoulder.
- I’ve made a sock rice heat pack!
- Which is probably causing my headaches in the back of my head.
- I was also given a muscle relaxer to use before bed.
- Imitrex for the more migrainy headaches that I sometimes get.
- Those headaches are behind my eyes.
- If neither of those work, then off to PT for me.
- I’d like to whore myself out to the local massage therapy classes too.
- I’m sure massages will help immensely.
- Am I done yet?
Filed under: Meme, Thursday 13 | Tagged: Meme, Random thought, Randomness, Thursday Thirteen | 4 Comments »